|This article or section lacks formatting. It may require cleanup to meet Weezerpedia's quality standards.|
The Pixies are one of the original alternative rock groups of the 80s.
Despite a short initial life span, and modest, if respectable, record sales, The Pixies have proven to be one of the most influential outfits on rock bands over the last twenty years. This is attributable to their unique style of music, a mix of punk and acoustic pop melodies, and often profound lyrics. Even if the Pixies were never a high successful band, their Albums like Surfer Rosa or Doolittle are still some of the stylistic albums of indie music. Artists ranging from Nirvana to Weezer have cited the band as a primary influence.
After the split up at the group in 1993, the Pixies reunited in the mid-2000s, and have toured sporadically since.
Connections to Weezer
- In 1998, Weezer covered the song "Velouria" for the 1999 compilation Where Is My Mind? A Tribute To The Pixies.
- Weezer has played occasional shows with The Pixies since the band's reunion.
- Guitarist Joey Santiago made a guest appearance on The Rentals' 2009 release, Songs About Time.
- On the Weezer Cruise in 2012, Weezer covered the song Los Angeles by Pixies frontman Black Francis.
- Co-headlined North American tour in the Summer of 2018.
- In Spring 2019 Weezer and Pixies will be touring again.