Karl's Corner - 08/27/2001
8/27/01 Scott's attack in pictures!
UPDATE: 3:13PMest -- something new for you from weezer! see =rwa= news for the lowdown (link above to the right).
"At Village Karaoke on 3rd Ave and 6th St in NYC you can belt out a rendition
of "Hash Pipe" from the Current Hits section of the song books. Though some
of the die-hard weezer fans in my karaoke group found some of the lyrics
to be debatable." --Sarah Feuquay
Scott gets attacked, shrugs it off, notices his glasses are missing...pictures courtesy Jamie Walker
...and heres the true setlist to the Inland Invasion show:
2 island in the sun
4 get me on the line
5 simple pages
7 knock down drag out
8 take back the love
9 hash pipe
11 buddy holly
12 say it ain't so
13 surf wax america
and heres an "on stage report" from a fan:
- "Just want to let you know that I was at the Inland Invasion show and
- throught some expert infiltration and tons of luck, I managed to get
- onstage while Weezer preformed their set.
- I was right by the guy who jumped on Scott during the middle of Hash
- Pipe. Me and some people (I was by myself and didnt know them)let him
- jump over the railing cause we thought he had to fix something
- electrical or with sound, turns out he just jumped on Scott. The guy in
- front of me helped get the wacko off and the crowd burst with cheers
- when they knocked him down and drug him out.
- Yes Pat shaved his head. He was looking good with his hair, but
- either way he's still punk rock. Unfortunately no one on stage was
- singing, but I represented. I sung my heart out, except for the brand
- new songs. I met the tour manager when he went to check in their room
- at my hotel (room 909 but they ended up not staying in it). Then he saw
- me on stage and we both had nothing but smiles on. He said he wasnt sure
- if Mikey was going to be on tour yet and he had no other details, other
- than the band had just been rehearsing the last few days.
- The highlight for me (other than "Say It Aint So") was watching the
- people in the pit, moshing to "Buddy Holly".
- The only hard part was getting used to Scott cause he looked like
- he should've been in Smashing Pumpkins or Hole rather than Weezer.
- Lastly, after their set the guys just left and didnt stick around,
- although Rivers was rumored to be chillin on the grass backstage by
- himself. I didnt see but that was the word. Have a good one, I hope this
- gave you some insight. Peace" ---Carlos
...the "Island" CD single isn't due out in UK/Europe till October, but the songs to appear as b-sides are known: "O Lisa", the fast tempo track that some heard as an unauthorized mp3 bootleg back in May, "Always", a stringed ballad that is unreleased to date, and "My Best Freinds Are Gone", another previously unheard track. It may be that not all 3 will appear on all versions of the single, much the way the "Hash Pipe" b-sides were scattered about on different versions...