Karl's Corner - 09/26/2001
9/26/01 now Philly, that's a real rock n' roll town
..in the hiz-ouse tonight:
Jimmy Pop (Bloodhound Gang)
...and a raging army of weezites!
...listening online at y100.com was another army as well! heres a nice play by play from a fan...
- " Since I'm not going to the show in VA, I've resorted to listening to the webcast of it in
- Philly-- I'm gonna hear the boys live one way or another!!
- So far, at 8:55, at my pretend weezer concert, excitement's running high.
- weezer is going to be taking the stage in a mere 5 minutes, the crowd of one
- is rocking out to some Ben Folds Five that Y100's playing.
- 9:08- Ok, so my computer clock is slow. Darn 56k connections! The DJ just
- announced that Mikey was in a psych hospital and that Cold quit yesterday.
- Just a little out-dated. I think I'll get a coke and pretend to pay 6.50 for
- it, just like at a real concert...
- 9:23- WEEZER'S ON STAGE!! THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!! The arena darkens, the
- opening chords arrest the heart, the careful timing of the drums pulses
- through your veins... On the less poetic note, the AOL Weezer chat room is
- filling up with folks being informed of the webcast by me- my audience is
- 9:33- "... in the garage i feel safe" Bliss. Complete bliss. "My stupid
- moniters weren't working and i forgot to put my glasses on... But
- everything's back to normal now. Alright. I'm good to go."
- -Rivers (Aw, yeah!)
- 9:37- "Ok, here's another song." Nice and articulate, hehe...
- 940- "Dude, thanks a lot, yeah, whatever, this song is called Photograph--
- Wait, I missed one, this is a new song." Heeeyyy, I like this new stuff.
- Take back the love you gave me.... I'm diggin it. "_Now_ we'll play
- 9:47- "Alright, starting to feel pretty good.. For those of you who
- care..." "Alright." I'm Tired of Sex! Rock out!
- I love you weezer! Me and my virtual audience start crowd surfing the best
- we can by ourselves-- ouch, I think I just got a bruise. Crap. "Moving
- along now.." Jonas takes over.
- 9:53- "This is a new song, Do You Want Me To Stay"
- "I dont believe that you need me" good lyrics, it's catchy. The crowd's
- enjoying it, definitely. The security guards are having a little more
- difficulty containing the mosh pits erupting. "Oh yeah, thank you.
- Whatever. This is a song called Smile."
- 9:59- "Now we're going to try a song call Dope Nose" ... "Aw, yeah that's new
- jam, fresh jam.. here's an old jam..." Sweater Song, of course,
- it's a classic. Everyone's waving their sweaters around, as camera's are
- capturing as many perfect moments as possible.
- 10:07- Is Don't Let Go a key higher or is the harmony just coming out
- more... It's a little different... Rivers' part is kinda weirdish... "Yeah.
- Please people, don't let go." Ah-- Say It Aint So-- we're singing along,
- screaming louder than ever!
- 10:14- "Totally in the mood for a drum solo now.. Alright, I
- guess I'm alone on that one.." Ha, ok, that made sense, no. "Yeah, thanks a
- 10:18- Hash pipe. Holy crap. Rivers' falsetto rocks. That's way up in my
- range... Impressive! Anyone have their glasses break over that one?
- 10:22- Oh, it's time for Only In Dreams-- a hush comes over the crowd...
- what a beautiful song. Hey, stage diving!
- 10:30- weezer exits, the crowd wants more! MORE! MORE! MORE! Hey, where's
- my lighter?
- 10:33- Buddy Holly rocks it out-- did Rivers' voice crack a little in the
- beginning there? Aww.. that's cute! Ha, yeah. "Thanks a
- lot you guys have been bitchin'.. here's the last song... it goes something
- like this.."
- 10:36- Surf Wax America! YEAH WEEZER! (Man, there's that rockin' falsetto..
- why don't the guys in my acappella group have that sound?)
- So, the crowd slowly disbands, sweaty, tired, but satisfied.. What a
- completely awesome concert.. Thanks a million guys, we all rocked out here in
- little ol' Great Bridge listening to the concert-- just spreading the weezer
- =w= rocks my socks!"
- rock it,
- ash street