|This article or section lacks formatting. It may require cleanup to meet Weezerpedia's quality standards.|
Green Day is a punk rock trio formed in California's Bay Area in 1987. The band consists of Billie Joe Armstrong (vocals, guitar), Mike Dirnt (bass guitar, vocals), and Tré Cool (drums, percussion). Weezer and Green Day have always been closely associated with one another in the rock music world.
Connections to Weezer
- Green Day and Weezer came to mainstream prominence in 1994 with regular MTV airplay in the post-Nirvana landscape.
- Both Weezer and Green Day contributed new songs, produced by Rob Cavallo, to the soundtrack of the film Angus: "You Gave Your Love to Me Softly" and "J.A.R.", respectively.
- Rivers Cuomo's Encyclopedia of Pop contains mathematical analysis of Green Day songs.
- "El Scorcho" contains the lyric "I asked you to go to the Green Day concert, you said you never heard of them."
- In 2003, Weezer recorded an acoustic version of "Worry Rock" for the Skunk Ape compilation A Different Shade Of Green: A Tribute To Green Day.
- In 2009, Weezer performed an acoustic version of Green Day's "Brain Stew" for Sessions@AOL. That version was later released on the 2010 EP ...Happy Record Store Day!.