|This article or section lacks formatting. It may require cleanup to meet Weezerpedia's quality standards.|
|The relevance of this article is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. If you are adding this template to a page, feel free to make a move.|
Jane's Addiction is an alternative rock band based in Los Angeles.
Jane's Addiction is considered one of the trailblazers of alternative rock. Their influence on musicians since their inception is inestimable. The band broke up in the early 90s, but after a false start in 1997, reunited in 2001 to release a new album and tour. After another breakup in 2003, the band reunited once again in 2008, and appears to be currently active, with pending plans to release a box set in 2009.
Connection to Weezer
In an interesting further connection, Stephen Perkins of Jane's Addiction formed the short-lived band Cold Ethyl, named after a song by legendary shock rocker Alice Cooper, expressly to record a song for the 1993 compilation Welcome To Our Nightmare: A Tribute To Alice Cooper - an album that Carnival Art also appeared on.
In 2019, Weezer began to cover Jane Addiction's Up The Beach during live shows, as Rivers Cuomo would return to the main stage from his acoustic b-stage.
- Perry Farrell - lead vocals (1985-present)
- Dave Navarro - lead & rhythm guitars, acoustic guitar, piano (1986-present)
- Duff McKagan (of Guns 'N Roses and Velvet Revolver) - bass guitar (2010)
- Stephen Perkins - drums, percussion (1986-present)
- Chris Brinkman - lead guitar (1985-1986)
- Matt Chaikin - drums (1985-1986)
- Ed Dobrydnio - rhythm guitar (1986)
- Flea - bass (1997)
- Martyn LeNoble - bass (2001-2002)
- Chris Chaney - bass (2002-2004)
- Eric Avery - bass guitar (1985-1991, 2008-2009)