Riverpedia archive - 11/22/2020
- Back to: Riverpedia
Alone IV - XIII are a series of demo bundles I’ve released in The Market. Each bundle represents a different era, and are grouped as outlined below.
• Alone IV: Before Weezer
• Alone V: The Blue-Pinkerton Years
• Alone VI: The Black Room
• Alone VII: The Green Years
• Alone VIII: The Maladroit Years
• Alone IX: The Make Believe Years
• Alone X: The Red Years
• Alone XI: The Raditude-Hurley Years
• Alone XII: The EWBAITE Years
• Alone XIII: The White Years
Riverchatters are keeping up to date track lists for each bundle in this google sheet.. Missing demos can be noted on page 2 of the google sheet. Be sure to note the song title and the era.
( Last edited by Tiffany at 2020-11-22 20:27 PM utc )
The title of my first full draft of EWBAITE, before I played anything for anyone. From the Nietzsche book title. My approach to creative work at the time was influence by Julia Cameron (The Artist's Way) and Stephen Pressfield. I released 143 demos from this era on November 20, 2020.
Tracklist (according to Weezerpedia): 1. Narcissus Blooming 2. Rules Of Life 3. Gravity Will Bring You Down 4. Sing My Blues Away 5. The British Are Coming 6. Semper Fi 7. Ain't Got Nobody 8. I Won't Flake On You 9. Ivory Telephone 10. Cleopatra 11. The Wasteland 12. Bless The Whole Wide World 13. Everybody Needs Salvation 14. Anonymous 15. Resurgam Fidei (later released as "Return to Ithaka")
Anonymous Once a sprawling 6 minute epic, and has a completely cut intro section. One version's lyrics was: I don't want to call you Jesus I don't want to call you Buddha I don't want to call you Muhammad I don't even know your name No I don't know the words to say So I'll call you Anonymous
Ivory Telephone Reworked 1998 demo
The British Are Coming Different versions of this song exists, with different lyrics. One of them has lyrics that deal with personal problems and references Boba Fett. Alternate lyric: Roman soldiers trying to run the show
Gravity Will Bring You Down Gravity is in 3/4 time signature. Contains downward choral section of falsetto harmonies in the bridge before the solo. Has lyrics about Hindenburg falling to the ground. Some lyrics suggest that the imagery was being chained in a dungeon. Chorus lyrics Not every man is a superman Not every girl is a supergirl So cut your coupons while you still can Cause gravity will bring you down Verse lyrics Mice munchin on your tasty bum
The first five tracks relate to the eventual theme of Patriarchia on EWBAITE (relationships to father or authority figures). The next five tracks belong to the Belladonna theme (relationships to women) while the last five tracks belong to PANOPTICON theme.
Did not contain any co-writes. Was pretty dark. Had final cover art (Everybody Needs Salvation cover) and fold-out star map and a picture of the Tower of Babel.
( Last edited by Tiffany at 2020-11-22 00:37 AM utc )
Some orders are crashing after paypal charges the user. Maybe too much traffic? IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ORDER, PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org (Lisa from the Weezer Fanclub is going to help me admin now.)
- If you already spent a lot (more the $20) on the initial list of individual demos, don't purchase any bundles until we figure out how to give you credit. (Olivia and geewiz come to mind but I think there are others.)
- Please tell me if anything looks wrong or if I've made a mistake.
- We're live. This is real money. And I can't guarantee that the purchase work. Or that you will care about the demos. At this point, only purchase if you want to help me test the app.
- Once purchased, please don't share. Everyone else will have a chance to buy once I'm sure it's working. If you have a close friend, who really can't afford it, sure, go ahead and share. But don't post for the general public.
- And please let me know if it doesn't work as expected. Or if you find you have access to something you shouldn't. Thank you.
- I haven't had a chance to make audio previews yet so if you buy, you're buying sight unseen. Or hearing unheard?
- these should be songs that have no co-writers or other performers.
I really appreciate it when you alert me to stuff that shouldn't in a given bundle or shouldn't released at all. Also, please let me know if there's anything I wouldn't want public in all the voice notes. I never thought i would be releasing those. I don't know what's in them. Thank you.
For any demo:
- It might have silence.
- It might be wildly inappropriate.
- It might have super low sound quality.
- It might just be me rambling, talking, making sounds.
- It may have already been shared or leaked.
- It might be just a drum beat. it might not have vocals.
- It might be a duplicate of another demo.
- It might be an inferior version of another demo.
- the information provided, such as year and description, might be incorrect.
- Also, over time, the contents of each bundle in the market might change.
- Or the metadata for a file might change.
- The price may change.
(In other words, you may prefer the current version in the market to the version you bought.)
On the bright side, I realized I can add files to the dropbox folders after they've gone on sale. That means you can re-download the bundle, or the specific files, and get additional content as I discover it. Very cool.
What does everyone think of the 'gift' idea? That is, you could check a box to have me send the bundle to a friend of yours on a specific date (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas). I would include personalized messages from me and from you. Is this awesome or do you think not really many people would use it? I'm always looking for unusual gift ideas, especially around the holidays, but often my interests are out of sync with the masses. I'd have to prevent one receiver from getting multiple orders of the same bundle from different givers. I guess there would be Privacy concerns with you giving me someone's email address who hasn't even registered for this site.
I'd love to include songs with other writers and performers. First would probably be Pat, then the Ozma guys, then maybe Josh Alexander. There are some obstacles though. How to route paypal payments to other people who do not have paypal developer accounts? How to satisfy the pub companies of those writers who have publishing deals? How to do all this without contracts, lawyers, legal fees which would quickly wipe out any income generated? How to do all this without requiring lots of e-paperwork processing by me? I want to be a musician and programmer, not an accountant. Maybe just focus on the Pat scenario first as that would simplest and those are the most desirable demos.
( Last edited by Rivers at 2020-11-22 22:36 PM utc )
Songs by users of riverscuomo.com
YOU CAN ADD YOUR LINKS TO YOUR ACCOUNT PAGES NOW.
(Rivers the links don’t work on the account page. It seems to not recognize the syntax like it does here, so the links don’t appear as links but text only.)
RIVERS: I posted one of your at the bottom of my page and it worked fine.
Sugarcubes - 10101 (Will the Starship)
M3D - I Don't Know Your Name (Demo)
Amber Sage - Soul Eater
Dan (bleed) - Joan of Arc (Demo)
Sugarcubes - I'm Going to Die Tonight
Daniel Gasparini - Shake It Out
omelettetdq3z - Fern
BenevolentDonut - Colette
jbloss1233 - China Dolls
Ryan Velvet - Genevieve, la Vie!
justinho - Abigail Foster's Photosynthesis Machine Discography
( Last edited by justinho at 2020-11-22 05:08 AM utc )
- Back to: Riverpedia