Riverpedia archive - 11/23/2020
- Back to: Riverpedia
Alone IV - XIII are a series of demo bundles I’ve released in The Market. Each bundle represents a different era, and are grouped as outlined below.
• Alone IV: Before Weezer
• Alone V: The Blue-Pinkerton Years
• Alone VI: The Black Room
• Alone VII: The Green Years
• Alone VIII: The Maladroit Years
• Alone IX: The Make Believe Years
• Alone X: The Red-Raditude-Hurley Years
• Alone XI: The EWBAITE Years
• Alone XII: The White Years
Riverchatters are keeping up to date track lists for each bundle in this google sheet..*
Missing demos can be noted on page 2 of the google sheet. Be sure to note the song title and the era.
Album Artwork Fans have created and shared their own album artwork for each bundle in a google drive, where you can view or download their concepts, and you can even upload your own work!
( Last edited by Tiffany at 2020-11-23 21:05 PM utc )
My metal band in senior year of high school and for a few years after.
I saw the name in an airline magazine on the flight home from LA my senior year of high school.
I later renamed it "Zoom." after Randal Cohen suggested we change the name..
( Last edited by Julit375 at November 23, 2020 5:05 PM )
The market should be working again. You may notice that EWBAITE doesn't show up in your list of bundles on your account page even if you bought it. I accidentally deleted that info somehow. I'll work on fixing that tomorrow morning.
Today I learned that you have no way of reporting emergencies to me when I've stepped away from my computer. We'll have to think about that.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR ORDER, PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you already spent a lot (more the $20) on the initial list of individual demos, don't purchase any bundles until we figure out how to give you credit. (Olivia and geewiz come to mind but I think there are others.)
- Please tell me if anything looks wrong or if I've made a mistake.
- We're live. This is real money. And I can't guarantee that the purchase work. Or that you will care about the demos. At this point, only purchase if you want to help me test the app.
- Once purchased, please don't share. Everyone else will have a chance to buy once I'm sure it's working. If you have a close friend, who really can't afford it, sure, go ahead and share. But don't post for the general public.
- And please let me know if it doesn't work as expected. Or if you find you have access to something you shouldn't. Thank you.
- I haven't had a chance to make audio previews yet so if you buy, you're buying sight unseen. Or hearing unheard?
- these should be songs that have no co-writers or other performers.
I really appreciate it when you alert me to stuff that shouldn't in a given bundle or shouldn't released at all. Also, please let me know if there's anything I wouldn't want public in all the voice notes. I never thought i would be releasing those. I don't know what's in them. Thank you.
For any demo:
- It might have silence.
- It might be wildly inappropriate.
- It might have super low sound quality.
- It might just be me rambling, talking, making sounds.
- It may have already been shared or leaked.
- It might be just a drum beat. it might not have vocals.
- It might be a duplicate of another demo.
- It might be an inferior version of another demo.
- the information provided, such as year and description, might be incorrect.
- Also, over time, the contents of each bundle in the market might change.
- Or the metadata for a file might change.
- The price may change.
(In other words, you may prefer the current version in the market to the version you bought.)
On the bright side, I realized I can add files to the dropbox folders after they've gone on sale. That means you can re-download the bundle, or the specific files, and get additional content as I discover it. Very cool.
What does everyone think of the 'gift' idea? That is, you could check a box to have me send the bundle to a friend of yours on a specific date (like a birthday, anniversary, or Christmas). I would include personalized messages from me and from you. Is this awesome or do you think not really many people would use it? I'm always looking for unusual gift ideas, especially around the holidays, but often my interests are out of sync with the masses. I'd have to prevent one receiver from getting multiple orders of the same bundle from different givers. I guess there would be Privacy concerns with you giving me someone's email address who hasn't even registered for this site.
I'd love to include songs with other writers and performers. First would probably be Pat, then the Ozma guys, then maybe Josh Alexander. There are some obstacles though. How to route paypal payments to other people who do not have paypal developer accounts? How to satisfy the pub companies of those writers who have publishing deals? How to do all this without contracts, lawyers, legal fees which would quickly wipe out any income generated? How to do all this without requiring lots of e-paperwork processing by me? I want to be a musician and programmer, not an accountant. Maybe just focus on the Pat scenario first as that would simplest and those are the most desirable demos.
By the way, This market is my final project for a course I'm taking in web programming.
( Last edited by Rivers at 2020-11-23 21:27 PM utc )
A song I wrote around the same time as QB Blitz. It was originally title "Fireball" which makes more sense with the lyrics.
I mentioned Runner-Up in a 2017 interview I did with Vulture Magazine. “One of my favorite songs right now is called ‘Runner-Up,’ and, I mean, when I wrote it on piano and vocal, it sounds — the first thing that comes to minds is Pinkerton-esque, but I hesitate to use that, because that means so much to people. It sounds very like that core, emotional Rivers that an old-school fan would love, but then the way it was produced — my piano is in there, but then there are all these electronic, dark elements that sound like nothing we’ve ever done.”
I talked about the song during the very first Island in the Zoom as well.
( Last edited by Tiffany at 2020-11-23 22:06 PM utc )
Songs by users of riverscuomo.com
YOU CAN ADD YOUR LINKS TO YOUR ACCOUNT PAGES NOW.
(Rivers the links don’t work on the account page. It seems to not recognize the syntax like it does here, so the links don’t appear as links but text only.)
RIVERS: I posted one of your at the bottom of my page and it worked fine.
Sugarcubes - 10101 (Will the Starship)
M3D - I Don't Know Your Name (Demo)
souptheman - I Believe
Amber Sage - Soul Eater
Dan (bleed) - Joan of Arc (Demo)
Sugarcubes - I'm Going to Die Tonight
Daniel Gasparini - Shake It Out
omelettetdq3z - Fern
BenevolentDonut - Colette
jbloss1233 - China Dolls
Ryan Velvet - Genevieve, la Vie!
justinho - Abigail Foster's Photosynthesis Machine Discography
( Last edited by tried2beamonk at 2020-11-23 15:05 PM utc )
A television show I’m working on with my buddy Yalun Tu.
I first mentioned the project during the May 22, 2020 episode of Island in the Zoom when Yalun was a guest panelist.
On October 23, 2020, I recorded the show’s pitch while live on TikTok and Instagram, including a portion of the proposed theme song, which is based on Simple to Me.
( Last edited by Tiffany at 2020-11-23 13:39 PM utc )
- Back to: Riverpedia