|This article or section lacks formatting. It may require cleanup to meet Weezerpedia's quality standards.|
Tom Araya and Kerry King performing onstage
|Origin||Huntington Park, CA|
|Years active||1981 - 2019|
|Label(s)||Metal Blade (1981-1985)
Def Jam (1986-1990)
American Recording (1994-2014)
Nuclear Blast (2015-2019)
Slayer was an American thrash metal band from the 80s until their disbandment in 2019. Hailed as one of the "Big Four", Slayer, next to Megadeth, Metallica, and Anthrax are said to be the pioneers of thrash metal.
Namedrop in songs
- From "Heart Songs" (2008):
Quiet Riot got me started with the banging of my head
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, and Slayer taught me how to shred
- From "(If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To" (2009):
The moon was shining on the lake that night
The Slayer t-shirt fit the scene just right
Through smeared mascara, I looked into your eyes and saw a light
Other references to Slayer
- Suzy Shinn said that a section of Van Weezer's 1 More Hit was inspired by the band.
- Scott Shriner is said to be a big fan of the band. 
- Rivers Cuomo used to jam to "Reign of Blood" when he was learning how to drive 
- Artist Matt Good released a song in 2016 called "Weezer Fan (At the Slayer Concert)"