Hear You Me! A Tribute to Mykel and Carli
- This article is about the 1998 tribute album. For more uses of "Mykel and Carli," see Mykel and Carli.
|Hear You Me! A Tribute to Mykel and Carli|
|Studio album by various|
|Released||January 27, 1998|
Hear You Me! A Tribute to Mykel and Carli is a compilation album released in 1998 on Vast Records.
In the wake of the untimely passing of Mykel and Carli Allan, a tribute/benefit concert was organized to help the Allan family with the high funeral costs. The show featured friends of the Allan sisters that dog., Black Market Flowers, and headlined by Weezer. The successful but somber event was held at the Palace Theater in Hollywood on August 15th, 1997.
The concert, in turn, inspired the album, which was conceived as both a further tribute and benefit for the Allan family. The album contained mostly rare or unreleased tracks by bands that were friends or acquaintances of the sisters and/or Weezer, or who just plain wanted to help out.
From the liner notes written by Clare Kleinedler, Addicted To Noise correspondent and friend to the Allan sisters:
"Mykel & Carli Allan lived for music. For them, music was more than something to listen to; it was a way to bring people together and a way of life. Their jobs, running fan clubs, enabled them to build a bridge between the artists who create music, and their fans. They touched many lives with their friendship, their openness, their trust, and brought thousands of strangers together into an almost familial community.
On July 9th, 1997, a fatal car accident took the lives of Mykel, Carli and their sister Trysta, who were driving back from a concert in Denver, Colorado.
This compilation is dedicated to these special women in an effort to give something back to the Allan sisters. They gave so much of themselves in the name of music. Now, these musicians give of themselves in the name of Mykel and Carli.
Some time ago, when joking about the possibility of a Mykel and Carli compilation CD, Carli stated 'we used to have dreams of a Mykel and Carli tribute, [but] some dreams must be abandoned.' Although tragic circumstances inspired this CD, those whose lives were touched by the Allan sisters have turned their dreams into reality.
Mykel, Carli and Trysta... we will all miss you very much."
- "Iceland" 4:03 - Ozma
- "Spark & Flash" 3:58 - Neighborly
- "I Like You" 4:09 - Chopper One
- "Yesterday When I Was Handsome" 3:46 - Kara's Flowers
- "Blackbird" 3:51 - The Rude Noise
- "Where The Hell Is She" 3:20 - Shufflepuck
- "If I Go" 3:02 - Teen Heroes
- "Pulsar" 3:04 - clown's hobby
- "Silently" (acoustic) 2:32 - that dog. (featuring Beck on banjo)
- "30 Years" 1:12 - Steve Stadtfelt (spoken word poem written by Mykel Allan)
- "Mykel and Carli" 3:40 - Black Market Flowers
- "ROY G. BIV" 2:38 - 88 MPH
- "Knerd In Shining Armor" 3:18 - Quimby
- "FanClub" 2:36 - Washout
- "Faster Kiddies" 3:50 - Supersport 2000
- "Limbo (Pandora's Box)" 4:15 - Temporary Basement
- "Colder Than December" 4:45 - Lazy Eye
- "Mykel & Carli" 2:52 - Weezer