Welcome to Vas Llegas (album)
|Welcome to Vas Llegas|
|Studio album by Carnival Art|
|Released||October 9, 1992|
|Recorded||Cherokee Recording, Los Angeles, CA
A&M Recording, Los Angeles, CA
Greene Street Recording, New York City, NY
|Genre||Alternative rock, Grunge|
BEG 07863 66101-2
|Carnival Art chronology|
|Singles from Welcome to Vas Llegas|
Welcome To Vas Llegas is the third and final album by Carnival Art.
Welcome To Vas Llegas was the second album the band released on the label Beggars Banquet Records, who soon ended up dropping the group from their roster due to minimal record sales. The album contains two unlisted tracks; "Welcome to Vas Llegas" and "The Pussycat Song"; the former being the first track of the album (unlisted, as the album's track listing begins at the second track), and the latter being included at the end of "Pill Bugg". While "The Pussycat Song" is not listed on the album's track listing, it is mentioned in the album's liner notes. Welcome to Vas Llegas is self-described as "Twisted, heavy, guitar driven psycho pop, exploring the inner difficulties of life in the big city with a sick mind".
Brian Bell has stated before that "[Welcome to Vas Llegas] isn't a very good album." Bell left the band shortly after the release of the album.
Vas Llegas (vŏs là gŭs) lies between here and there, next door to nowhere, just outside of town. It's that place where 'You Go' and 'You Get' to at the same time. Not for a visit or a vacation, you just sort of end up there and realize that you've been there before.
All the bars are full and the libraries are empty. There aren't any jobs and welfare is a handshake. It's a town with no laws so crime doesn't pay. All the preachers are churchless because the politicians have turned religion into business and now the politicians are speechless because God has filed for chapter 11. The streets are claustrophobic in their desolation and hope is the equivalent of taking a cigarette from your last packet of 'Holy Smokes'.
So light up that smoke and meet some of the permanent residents of this place...
WELCOME TO VAS LLEGAS
|1.||"Welcome to Vas Llegas" (unlisted)||1:41|
|4.||"Which Is Wig"||3:36|
|5.||"Dread Full Head"||3:55|
|7.||"Gold Plated Crazy"||4:37|
|11.||"Pill Bugg" (includes "The Pussycat Song")||6:06|
- Michael P. Tak (vocals, guitar, writing)
- Ed Dobrydnio (guitar)
- Keith Fallis (drums, vocals)
- Brian Bell (bass)
- Nicholas Sansano (production, recording, mixing)
- Bill Smith (recording)
- Michael Douglass (recording)
- Franck Rivaleau (recording, production)
- Octavio Arizala (mixing)
- Josh Werthiemer (mixing)
- Ted Jenson (mastering)
- Charlie Dos Santos (digital editing)
- Horace Blue Veins (vocals on "The Pussycat Song")
- Sheryl Nields (photography)
- Kathy Cook (management)
Ed Dobrydnio is credited only as "Ed" in the album's liner notes.
Credits for Welcome to Vas Llegas adapted from CD liner notes.
- ↑ Carnival Art - Welcome to Vas Llegas. The Arkive. https://archive.beggars.com/carnival-art-welcome-to-vas-llegas/#
- ↑ Koch, Karl. Recording History, archived from weezer.com. https://www.weezerpedia.com/wiki/Recording_History_-_Page_3#Brian_records_another_Carnival_Art_record.2C_May.2BJune_1992
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Welcome to Vas Llegas (CD). Carnival Art. Beggars Banquet Recordings. 1992.
- ↑ Koch, Karl. Collectors Discography, archived from weezer.com. https://www.weezerpedia.com/wiki/Collectors_Discography_-_Appendix_B