Riverpedia archive - 01/18/2021
- Back to: Riverpedia
- 1 OK Human
- 1.1 Tracklist
- 1.2 Details posted by me in Riverchat
- 1.3 Interviews
- 1.3.1 Weezer Almost Finished with New Album, Called 'Ok, Human', KINK
- 1.3.2 The Life of Brian - All Things Loud Meets Weezer, All Things Loud, July 17, 2019
- 1.3.3 Beats 1 (@Beats1) January 24, 2019
- 1.3.4 Being Rivers Cuomo: Why Weezer's Frontman Put His Life Into a Spreadsheet, L.A. Times, Feb 22, 2019
- 1.3.5 Beats1 February 6, 2019
- All My Faorite Songs
- Aloo Gobi
- Grapes Of Wrath
- Playing My Piano
- Mirror Image
- Bird With A Broken Wing
- Dead Roses
- Everything Happens For A Reason
- Here Comes the Rain
- La Brea Tar Pits
All My Favorite Songs will be released on January 21st at 12am ET. Full album out on January 29th.
Details posted by me in Riverchat
Album Cover: the album cover was created by an illustrator whose work I discovered in a comic shop/book store. He was commissioned to do an original piece for the cover.
Cutting Room Floor: Spell It Out, Instrumental #1, Pacific Sunset?
Completion date: On Nov 16, 2020, I said that OK Human is done, but noted we are still tinkering with the radio mix of the first single though.
Moby Dick trip on a whale. He’s kinda just like me. We’re thirsty for the deep (Posted August 20, 2020)
I’ll be there to show support for Winston Smith in 1984. Because battling Big Brother feels more meaningful than binging zombie hordes.* (I referred to that one as the “audio book song” and may have given the title as “Crankin Mrs. Dalloway.”
Weezer Almost Finished with New Album, Called 'Ok, Human', KINK
- If he could play any album of Weezer's live he would pick OK Human. He didn't think he was supposed to talk about it but he was so excited about it.
- Played acoustic guitar, Hammond organ, and backing vocals.
- He was listening to it for a month at the time and it's all he wanted to listen to.
- His dream is to perform it with an orchestra and would like to play at places like the Hollywood Bowl.
- Management didn't hear it at the time and Brian said they were pushing for Van Weezer but he said they didn't know how powerful the album is.
- He didn't hear rough mixes at the time and had Pat's drums, Rivers vocals, and strings to work with.
- Jake didn't want the album rushed out.
- In their inner circle, they still called it "Masterpiece", and although Brian thought it was pretentious at first, he said that it was a "f***ing ... masterpiece".
The Life of Brian - All Things Loud Meets Weezer, All Things Loud, July 17, 2019
Interviewer: You guys have got three albums in the pipeline whose releases are imminent, right?
Brian: There’s two. There is a third thing, but I can’t talk about it. One is more finished than the other. They’re both very interesting and I’m very excited for one of them.
Interviewer: Are these more high-concept albums?
Brian: Yeah, one of them is called OK Human which seems to be about technology and how it’s running our life.
Interviewer: Not just lyrically, but on the last few albums it feels as though you’re exploring specific musical themes, almost like an exploration into new genres.
Brian: Yeah. OK Human is unlike anything I’ve ever heard, unlike any other type of music and unlike any Weezer music. In the bass, if you really broke it down to its common denominator, it still goes one, four, five in a major key for the most part. That’s very Weezer, that’s very Sweater Song, but it does it in more sophisticated ways.
Beats 1 (@Beats1) January 24, 2019
"Our next album is not on a grid," I explained. "We just recorded the basic tracks, and there's no click, no grid."
When asked about a title, I said, "We don't have a real title, but the key word we have to inspire us at the moment is 'masterpiece.'"
Being Rivers Cuomo: Why Weezer's Frontman Put His Life Into a Spreadsheet, L.A. Times, Feb 22, 2019
"Cuomo said the group is almost finished with another album, one he described as “piano-based, very eccentric, with strings already recorded at Abbey Road.” (Its working title is “OK Human,” after Radiohead’s “OK Computer,” though the singer identified his musical inspirations as George Gershwin and “Nilsson Sings Newman.”)"
Beats1 February 6, 2019
At the time I was listening to a lot of Nilsson Sings Newman and I said it was the biggest inspiration on our next album.
The song I chose to showcase this with was I'll Be Home:
( Last edited by M3D at January 18, 2021 7:20 PM )
- Back to: Riverpedia