Hear You Me! A Tribute to Mykel and Carli is a compilation album released in 1998 on Vast Records in tribute to Mykel and Carli Allan, founders of the Weezer Fan Club. The Allan sisters had passed away in a car crash in July of the previous year.
In the wake of the sisters' untimely passing, a tribute/benefit concert was organized to help the Allan family with the high funeral costs. The show featured friends of the Allan sisters that dog., Black Market Flowers, and was headlined by Weezer. The successful but somber event was held at the Palace Theater in Hollywood on August 15, 1997. The concert, in turn, inspired the album. The album contained mostly rare or unreleased tracks by bands that were friends or acquaintances of the sisters and/or Weezer, or who just plain wanted to help out.
From the album's liner notes:
- Some time ago, when joking about the possibility of a Mykel and Carli compilation CD, Carli stated 'we used to have dreams of a Mykel and Carli tribute, [but] some dreams must be abandoned.' Although tragic circumstances inspired this CD, those whose lives were touched by the Allan sisters have turned their dreams into reality.
- Mykel, Carli and Trysta... we will all miss you very much."
full article | edit | previous featured articles
"The Purification of Water
" is the third track from Alone II
. One of Rivers Cuomo's
most lauded demos, it circulated among fans for years prior to its official release.
The song was originally recorded on January 2, 1993, but the only circulating version was recorded in July of that year. Karl has said the song was possibly never intended for Weezer, and that it seemed Rivers never quite felt satisfied with the song.
From Cuomo's Alone II liner notes:
The next day Aliss and I said goodbye to each other as the King Size crew returned to L.A. She gave me a tape of a Guatemalan band named Garibaldi which I took with me and listened to a few times, thinking back wistfully on my Latin girlfriend. I recognized that the heartache I felt apart from Aliss was another good subject for a song. Specifically, I wanted to capture my pessimistic belief that the love I seek in relationships will always break my heart because all relationships must come to an end. I used a metaphor to stand in for my romantic longing: a thirsty gringo traveling south of the border, made sick by the water he so desperately seeks. The song was called "The Purification of Water"
Song previews from Spotify full article | edit | previous featured songs
On this day... July 7
| |Black Lives Matter
The Weezerpedia community stands in solidarity with the struggle for Black liberation. Please consider contributing to the movement for racial justice in whatever capacity you can.
--MyNameIsJason (talk) 16:33, 6 June 2020 (UTC)
RIP Ric Ocasek
Ric Ocasek, who produced Weezer's first, third, and ninth studio albums, has passed away at age 75. Weezer owes much of their success to his artistry, guidance, and influence. He will be dearly missed.
--MyNameIsJason (talk) 00:49, 16 September 2019 (UTC)
Join the official Weezer fan club
Join the Weezer Fan Club - NEW and IMPROVED for 2019!
Folks, the Weezer Fan Club has *re-opened* and new membership bundles are available NOW!
Download the Weezer Fan Club App for free from the Apple and Google app stores. The app is a handy free all in one Weezer portal of news, tour info and online weezer merch shopping. And when you use it to sign up for and log in to your Weezer Fan Club membership, you get much more for your annual renewable membership fee, including:
- Exclusive Fan Club T-Shirt
- Fan Club only Lanyard
- Fan Club only 7" record with exclusive song
- Fan Club only Enamel Pin
- In-app presale access with unique individualized presale codes to deter scalping and bots.
- Access to exclusive club-only merchandise store
- In-app Members only Karls Corner exclusive Feed posts
- Regular push notifications so you don’t miss out on weezer news and presales.
- Your own unique membership number, with membership numbering continuing from the original club numbering back in the 1990's. (see sidebar for details on how to get a physical membership card)
- Access to members-only Facebook group, where you can hang out and share with your fellow Club members, including us, and even Rivers and the band from time to time!
- Surprises from Karl and Lisa, including random drawings for special prizes, opportunities to get photos with the band (only when possible, cannot guarantee), and more!
(offer details subject to change)
A note to those who are already Weezer Fan Club members (signed up 2014-2018) - you do not need to renew your membership, you only need to log in for all the perks. And, the 'new membership' merch bundle is available to you too of course, as always, at a discounted cost. You will receive an email with the details.
--MitzyPeow 14:17, 21 June 2019 (PDT)
more news | edit
All registered users can edit and add to the news.
more events | past events | edit