|Album track by Weezer|
|Album||Death to False Metal|
|Released||November 2, 2010|
|Recorded||August 1998, 2010|
|Producer(s)||Rich Mouser, Weezer, Shawn Everett|
|Death to False Metal track listing|
|Rivers Cuomo song chronology|
"Everyone" is the fifth track on Weezer's 2010 compilation album, Death to False Metal. The song was originally recorded in 1998.
- Death to False Metal (2010)
- Alone VI: The Black Room (2020)
- Alone VII: The Green Years (2020)
Mikey Welsh: Everyone is on an album?
Tom Faix: Yeah.
- —2011 interview with Mikey Welsh
"Everyone" was written by Rivers Cuomo in the summer of 1998 during Weezer's 1997-2000 hiatus. The song was recorded by Weezer with then-new bassist Mikey Welsh in August of 1998 at Mouse House Studios in Los Angeles, engineered by Rich Mouser (The same session that yielded the band's cover of "Velouria" by the Pixies, released in 1999).
"Everyone" went unreleased until it was reworked for the compilation album Death to False Metal, released in 2010. "[...]it was just too hardcore, heavy-metal to be on a Weezer record at the time." Cuomo told The A.V. Club in 2010, "That’s why we set it aside. So I worked on that some more recently in the studio, and put some crazy vocal moments on it." Scott Shriner expressed a fondness of the track via Facebook comments upon the album's release. Karl Koch noted in a 2011 interview that Welsh was “partly responsible for the ultra heavy “Everyone”" and other 'Fu Manchu-like' songs of this period.” Welsh first learned of the release of "Everyone" in a July 2011 interview with the blog Square Cotton Candy.
The Death to False Metal version of the song received additional overdubs, with a new guitar solo section as well as additional vocals. The bass track was redone by current Weezer bassist Scott Shriner to reflect the revised song structure. Cuomo released demos of the song as part of the digital compilation Alone VI: The Black Room in 2010.
|Performer(s)||Title||Filename||Date of recording||Recording location||Length||Appeared on||Notes|
|Rivers Cuomo||Everyone||TKX-40 Everyone.mp3||Summer 1998||TK Productions & Rehearsal Studios, Los Angeles, CA||1:38|
|Rivers Cuomo||Everyone||TKX-40.2 Everyone.mp3||Summer 1998||TK Productions & Rehearsal Studios, Los Angeles, CA||1:08||Alone VI: The Black Room|
|Weezer||Everyone||August 1998||Mouse House Studio, Los Angeles, CA||2:49||Death to False Metal|
- Rivers Cuomo – lead guitar, lead vocals
- Patrick Wilson – percussion
- Brian Bell – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Scott Shriner - bass guitar, backing vocals
Suck a thumb
I want to take you somewhere
I really want to take you
I want to take you somewhere
I really wanna
Kick a bum
Kick that bum
I can't see straight
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Faix, Tom. "Interview: Outsider Artist/Ex-Weezer Bassist Mikey Welsh" Square Cotton Candy. 4 July 2011. http://squarecottoncandy.blogspot.com/2011/07/interview-outsider-artistex-weezer.html
- ↑ Adams, Erik "Rivers Cuomo" The A.V. Club. 14 September 2010. https://www.avclub.com/rivers-cuomo-1798221611
- Spotify-link page
- Apple Music-link page
- Citation needed
- Known recordings table
- Weezer songs
- Rivers Cuomo songs
- Songs on Death to False Metal
- Songs on Alone VI: The Black Room
- Songs on Alone VII: The Green Years
- Weezer songs produced by Rich Mouser
- Weezer songs produced by Shawn Everett
- Self-produced Weezer songs