That Dog concert: 08/15/1997
- This article is about That Dog's set during this show. For Weezer's performance, see Weezer concert: 08/15/1997.
|That Dog concert: 08/15/1997|
|Location||Los Angeles, CA|
|Date||August 15, 1997|
|Associated album||Retreat from the Sun|
|Supporting acts||Black Market Flowers|
|Guests||The Allan family|
|Bootleg||Weezer's set recorded by MTV, video/audio circulating|
|Press||Rolling Stone article: 08/23/1997|
|That Dog live show chronology|
That Dog performed at The Palace in Hollywood on August 15, 1997, opening for Weezer. The show served as a tribute to Mykel and Carli Allan, the founders of the Weezer Fan Club. Black Market Flowers also opened the concert. That Dog would disband shortly after this show, making it the final performance of their initial run. They would not perform live together until August of 2011.
People known to be in attendance for this show included, according to Rolling Stone, "Claire Danes, Jared Leto, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, Ben Lee, Spike Jonze, Sophia Coppola and members of No Doubt." Black Market Flowers reformed just for this event, as they had previously broken up.
|The setlist for this concert is incomplete or missing. Can you help us fill it in? If so, we encourage you to make a move!|
- Anna Waronker – Lead guitar, lead vocals
- Tony Maxwell – Percussion
- Rachel Haden - Bass, backing vocals
- Petra Haden – Violin, backing vocals
- Kenny Woods - Guitar
- Unknown - lighting
- Unknown - sound
- ↑ Rolling Stone article: 08/23/1997
- ↑ MTV.com article "Hundreds Join Weezer In Tribute To Fanclub Leaders". By Clare Kleinedler. Published on August 20, 1997