Press Any Key to Begin
|Press Any Key to Begin|
|Studio album by Karlophone|
This is the first album released by Koch under the Karlophone name, and is the result of numerous years of work and experimentation which originally began in 1996. It consists primarily of sampled audio from Koch's personal collection of music and audio, however it also features (uncredited) drum work by Pat Wilson. On the "Bio" section his website Karlophone.com, Koch writes about the release of this album:
|After a few hundred rather repetitive hours of tape was laid down, and a few thousand records were dug into, the first Karlophone album "Press Any Key To Begin" took shape, finally seeing release in fall 2002. It was perhaps a bit premature, but anyone hoping to release a CD must recognize the 'no time like the present' rule - you could keep refining what you got forever, or you can finish it and start new songs. In any event, "Press" was released to a small appreciative audience, and gained some positive reviews, notably a nice write up in France's Rock Sound magazine, and an A- review at In Music We Trust, in 2003.|
Additionally, on the Amorphous Records listing for the album, he writes:
|There are some fantastic underground producers on the scene these days, and unfortunately I don't know those guys. So here's what I've been coming up with...If I can get anyone to smile when they hear this stuff, then I've done my job for the day.|
The album released on CD through Koch and Pat Finn's label Amorphous Records, as well as on digital music streaming platforms. According to the Collectors Discography, 1000 CDs were pressed. It had one single, "Desire", which received a standalone 7"-vinyl release later in 2004 under the same label.
|6.||"All Kinds of Talk"||5:04|
|8.||"I Do Beleive"||4:31|
|9.||"F*** Off Me!"||4:58|
- Press Any Key to Begin on Bandcamp
- Koch, Karl. appendix B: Solo, Side and Other band releases + related. Collectors Discography. Archived from the original on Weezerpedia at Collectors Discography - Appendix B.
- Koch, Karl. Bio. Karlophone.com. Archived from the original on Weezerpedia at Karlophone.com - Bio.
- Koch, Karl (as karlophone). (2002). The Catalog. Amorphous Records. Archived from the original at https://web.archive.org/web/20021019185543/http://www.karlophone.com/amorphous/index2.html.
- Koch, Karl (as Karlophone). (April 19, 2022). Weezerpedia Discord server. Archived from the original on Weezerpedia at Weezerpedia Discord Q&A with Karl Koch - April 2022.