The Troublemaker Tour is Weezer's Fall 2008 arena tour to promote The Red Album. Angels and Airwaves and Tokyo Police Club were the opening acts. The Relationship opened for three shows: October 13, 14, and 17. Hootenannies were incorporated into the concerts, and were usually performed after first encore. Island in the Sun and Beverly Hills were usually performed.
Noticeably missing from this tour was the big light-up =w= that had been used in past tours. Instead the band opted for a giant light screen which had project images on it, some of videos sent in by the fans.
The band also decided to wear matching jumpsuits and track suits for the entire leg of the American tour. The band would perform the first two or three songs while wearing one-piece white jumpsuits, Scott often sporting a black bowler hat as well, and then they would undress on stage and all be wearing red Nike track suits with white details on them and saying "Weezer" on the back. For the encore, Rivers would usually change (off stage) into gym shorts and a jersey while sporting a headband and kicking a soccer ball around the stage and eventually into the crowd.
Japanese Leg ("Weezer Festival")
The Japanese Leg of the Troublemaker Tour was billed as the "Weezer Festival". This was because it is rare to have an opening act when performing in Japan and Weezer had two of them.
- 09/09/2008 Nagoya, Japan - Aichi Kinro Kaikan Theater
- 09/10/2008 Fukuoka, Japan - Zepp
- 09/12/2008 Tokyo, Japan - Zepp
- 09/13/2008 Osaka, Japan - Intex Hall
- 09/15/2008 Tokyo, Japan - Yoyogi Arena
North American Leg
- 09/23/2008 Lowell, Massachusetts - Tsongas Arena
- 09/24/2008 New York, New York - Madison Square Garden
- 09/26/2008 Atlantic City, New Jersey - Borgata Casino
- 09/27/2008 Camden, New Jersey - Susquehanna Center
- 09/29/2008 Detroit, Michigan - The Palace of Auburn Hills
- 09/30/2008 Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Air Canada Centre
- 10/02/2008 Chicago, Illionois - All State Arena
- 10/03/2008 St. Paul, Minnesota - Xcel Energy Center
- 10/05/2008 Denver, Colorado - Broomfield
- 10/07/2008 Salt Lake City, Utah - E Center
- 10/09/2008 Portland, Oregon - Memorial Coliseum
- 10/10/2008 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada - GM Place
- 10/11/2008 Seattle, Washington - Key Arena
- 10/13/2008 San Jose, California - Events Center
- 10/14/2008 Los Angeles, California - The Forum
- 10/17/2008 San Diego, California - Cox Arena
- 10/18/2008 Phoenix, Arizona - Arizona State Fair
- 10/20/2008 Austin, Texas - Frank Erwin Center
- 10/21/2008 Dallas, Texas - Nokia Theater
- 10/23/2008 Houston, Texas - Reliant Arena
- 10/25/2008 Atlanta, Georgia - Gwinnett Arena
For all of the memorabilia sold on the Troublemaker tour that had the picture from the cover of The Red Album on it, Scott Shriner's shirt has "Devastating" written on it instead of "Death Defyin'," (shown below) as it appears on the album. This is a reference to an Albumsix meme that the band has picked up on.
Sticker showing the change to "Devastating."